Saturday 4 February 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Set Fire To The Rain by Adele.
Safe House, directed by Daniel Espinosa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Death Comes To Pemberley by P. D. James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lyons Den.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amazing Alex or Dream PetHouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 4 February 2012 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 February
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- The United Nations Security Council votes on an Arab League proposal to resolve problems in Syria with reports of hundreds of people dead in the past couple of days as a result of shelling in Homs - the People's Republic of China and Russia veto the resolution. (Reuters via the ''Hindustan Times'')
- Twelve people are arrested at the Syrian Embassy in London as part of a worldwide protest against the shelling. (''The Telegraph'')
- Protesters are also reported to have stormed Syrian embassies in Kuwait, Egypt, Australia, Germany and Greece. (ABC News Australia)
- Tunisia is to withdraw its recognition of the Syrian government. (Reuters)
- The Arab Parliament calls for Arab countries to sever relations with Syria. (IOL)
- 2011–2012 Bahraini uprising: An increasing number of anti-government protests take place in Bahrain in the build up to the first anniversary of the start of the protests. (Al Jazeera)
- The United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan estimates that civilian deaths in the war in Afghanistan rose to a record level in 2011 of 3021 with insurgents responsible for most of the deaths. (AAP via ''Merald-Sun'')
- Iran starts new military exercises as tensions rise over its nuclear program. (''Washington Post'')
- Egypt's tax authority building in Cairo is set alight as protests against the continuation of military rule carry on. (Al-Jazeera)
- Florence Green, the last known veteran from World War I, dies at the age of 110 in the United Kingdom. (Atlantic Wire)
- Tens of thousands of people are stranded by floods in the Australian states of New South Wales and Queensland. (AFP via ''The West Australian'')
- Charlie White, the Secretary of State of the US state of Indiana, is convicted of multiple voter fraud related offences. (AP via ''Mercury News'')
- Three more Tibetan protesters set themselves on fire in Sichuan, China. (''Straits Times'')
- 2011–2012 Russian protests: Over 100,000 people protest for and against Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin in Moscow. (RIA Novosti)
- Julius Malema, formerly of the African National Congress Youth League, loses an appeal against a decision by South Africa's ruling African National Congress party to suspend him. (IOL)
- 2012 United States presidential election:
- Republican Party voters gather in Nevada for the party caucuses with Mitt Romney projected as the winner. (NBC News)
- Republicans in the state of Maine start caucuses which will go on for a week. (WLBZ)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 February 2012
Serie AItalian Football
- Roma - Inter : 4 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Lierse - Standard : 0 - 2
- Lokeren - Bergen : 3 - 1
- Mechelen - Kortrijk : 0 - 0
- Oud-Heverlee Leuven - Gent : 2 - 3
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hamburg - Bayern Munich : 1 - 1
- Hertha - Hannover : 0 - 1
- Hoffenheim - Augsburg : 2 - 2
- Leverkusen - Stuttgart : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - St Pauli : 2 - 1
- Ingolstadt - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?