Sunday 4 August 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert E Andrews and Brooks D Simpson.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Angels, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The New Adventures of Charlie Chan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1957 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Robert E Andrews: (Rep-D-New Jersey).
- Brooks D Simpson: American historian.
- Brooks Simpson: American historian and author.
- Valdis Valters: Latvian basketball player and coach.
- John Wark: Scottish footballer and sportscaster.
- Juan Manuel Fangio, driving for Maserati, wins the Formula One German Grand Prix, clinching (with 4 wins that season) his record 5th world drivers championship, including his 4th consecutive championship (also a record) these 2 records endure for nearly half a century.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 August 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?