Wednesday 4 July 1956, US Independence Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 4, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Neuhoff and Patrick Bloche.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Santiago, directed by Gordon Douglas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while How To Live 365 Days A Year by John A. Schindler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1956 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Eric Neuhoff
- Patrick Bloche: French politician and a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Mark Belling: American radio talkshow host.
- Christophe Donner: French writer, journalist, literary critic and filmmaker, also known as Chris Donner.
- Éric Neuhoff: French writer and journalist.
- US most intense rainfall (1.23 inches in one minute) at Unionville, Maryland.
- Independence National Historical Park established in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?