Sunday 9 September 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 9, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary C Kennedy and Trace DeMeyer.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Attack, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Beyond The Black Stump by Nevil Shute was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1956 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Mary C Kennedy
- Anatoli Pavlovich Artsebarsky: Russia -- Colonel / Cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-12).
- Trace DeMeyer: American Shawnee-Cherokee multi-genre author, artist, poet and journalist, also known as Laura Jean Thrall-Bland.
- Courtney Hill: American noted family, the fifth child, second daughter of Ethel and Robert Kennedy.
- Elena Mazzetti Soler: Peruvian doctor who was Minister of the Interior from 2006 to 2007, being the first woman in Peru to reach that title.
- 70th US Womens Tennis: Shirley J Fry beats Althea Gibson (63 64)
- 76th US Mens Tennis: Ken Rosewall beats Lewis Hoad (46 62 63 63)
- African Party for Liberation of Guinea-Bissau and Cape Verde forms
- Elvis Presley appears on national TV for first time (Ed Sullivan Show).
- Elvis Presley appears on ''The Ed Sullivan Show'' for the first time.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?