Tuesday 4 September 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judith Ivey in El Paso and Nicu Ceausescu.
The River, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The High Calling by James Street was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Frances Langford-Don Ameche Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1951 ?
- Judith Ivey in El Paso: Texas, USA; actress (Lady in Red, Hello Again).
- Nicu Ceausescu: Playboy.
- Francis McCaffrey: American clerical worker, the manufacturer's rep of laser video disks in 1984.
- Martin Chambers: English drummer and singer (The Pretenders).
- Judith Ivey: American actress and director.
- 1st transcontinental TV broadcast, by President Truman
- 71st US Mens Tennis: F A Sedgman beats Elias V Seixas Jr (64 61 61)
- President Truman addresses opening of Japanese Peace Treaty Conference
- NBC extends to become a 61-station coast-to-coast network.
- The first live transcontinental television broadcast takes place in San Francisco, California, from the Japanese Peace Treaty Conference.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Del Wood - Down Yonder
- Castle Rock - Frank Sinatra (Harry James Orchestra)
- (When We Are Dancing) I Get Ideas - Louis Armstrong
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?