Sunday 30 September 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Yermakov and Catie Ball.
An American in Paris, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mark Saber.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1951 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Nicholas Yermakov: United States -- Sci-fi author (Epiphany, Jehad, Clique).
- Catie Ball: American swimmer, an Olympics champion who took a gold medal in 1968 in the women's 4x100m Medley Relay.
- John Lloyd: English screenwriter and producer.
- Barry Marshall: Australian physician and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Simon White: English astrophysicist and academic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 September 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?