Wednesday 12 September 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Berty Ahern and Norm Dube.
The Day the Earth Stood Still, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Foundling by Francis Cardinal Spellman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sky King.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1951 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Berty Ahern: Dublin, Ireland -- Prime Minister of Ireland (1997- ).
- Norm Dube: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Bertie Ahern: Irish politician, leader of the Fianna Fáil party, Ahern was prime Minister (Taoiseach) of Ireland from 26 June 1997 to 7 May 2008.
- Joëlle Léandre: French double bassist, vocalist, and composer active in new music and free improvisation.
- Norm Dubé: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Ray Gravell: Welsh rugby player and actor (d. 2007)
- Joe Pantoliano: Jersey City, New Jersey -- Actor (Finelli Boys, Fugitive)
- Gerald Stano: American serial killer (Born 1951)
- Ali-Ollie Woodson: American singer-songwriter keyboard player and actor (The Temptations) (d. 2010)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?