Thursday 6 September 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Troyna and Melih Kibar.
Captain Horatio Hornblower R.N., directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Frances Langford-Don Ameche Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1951 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:06 September
- James W Gerard: American jurist and diplomat (Born 1867).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Del Wood - Down Yonder
- Castle Rock - Frank Sinatra (Harry James Orchestra)
- (When We Are Dancing) I Get Ideas - Louis Armstrong
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?