Sunday 9 September 1951US date format: 9/9/1951, UK date format: 9/9/1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 9, 1951). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Downer and Tom Wopat.
A Streetcar Named Desire, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Egg and I.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1951
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1951 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Alexander Downer: Australian politician, Foreign Affairs...
- Tom Wopat: American actor and singer.
- Jeffrey Lurie: Businessman.
- Corry Konings: Dutch singer.
- Robert Desiderio in the Bronx: New York, USA; actor (Detective Kennedy...
- Robert Desiderio: American actor.
- 1st broadcast of Love of Life on CBS-TV
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Carrollton Georgia Golf Open
- Chinese communist forces move into Lhasa, the capital of Tibet.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?