Wednesday 5 September 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Keaton in Pittsburgh and Patti McGuire.
The River, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Frances Langford-Don Ameche Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1951 ?
- Michael Keaton in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Gung Ho, Batman).
- Patti McGuire: American model and television producer.
- Didier Hamon: French business leader who served as Deputy State Prosecutor firstly for Val d'Oise and then Hauts de Seine, General Secretary of the National School of Industrial Design, and programme director for the Bicentenary of the French Revolution.
- Kauraka Kauraka: Cook Islands writer who published six collections of poems in the English and Rarotongan languages.
- Michael Keaton: Movie Actor.
- Paul Breitner: German footballer
- 65th US Womens Tennis: Mo Connolly beats Shirley J Fry (63 16 64)
- 71st US Mens Tennis: Frank A Sedgman beats Elias Seixas Jr (64 61 61)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Del Wood - Down Yonder
- Castle Rock - Frank Sinatra (Harry James Orchestra)
- (When We Are Dancing) I Get Ideas - Louis Armstrong
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?