Saturday 8 September 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark McCumber and Randy T Odle.
Captain Horatio Hornblower R.N., directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Frances Langford-Don Ameche Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1951 ?
- Mark McCumber: Golfer.
- Randy T Odle: Port Arthur, Texas -- Astronaut.
- Tom Gullikson in Wisconsin: USA; tennis player (US mixed Doubles 1984).
- Jeffrey Lurie: American businessman and sports team owner, Lurie is the owner, CEO and Chairman of the Philadelphia Eagles football franchise.
- Tim Gullikson: Tim Gullikson American tennis player and coach (d. 1996).
- Nikos Karvelas: Greek singer-songwriter and producer
- John McDonnell: English politician
- Dezső Ránki: Hungarian pianist
- Jurgen Stroop: Nazi commander of Warsaw Ghetto, executed.
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Sempiternus Rex
- Japan signs the San Francisco Peace Treaty with 48 nations, regaining its independence.
- Treaty of San Francisco: In San Francisco, California, 48 nations sign a peace treaty with Japan in formal recognition of the end of the Pacific War.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 September 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?