Thursday 5 April 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Yardumian and Robert [Albert] Bloch.
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1917 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Richard Yardumian: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Composer (Come Creator Spirit).
- Robert [Albert] Bloch: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, Psycho).
- Robert Bloch: American writer of science and weird fiction, a scenarist and copy-writer.
- François Buttner: French general, a specialist in airborne weaponry.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- American Quartet - How's Every Little Thing in Dixie?
- Poor Butterfly - Grace Kerns
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?