Tuesday 17 April 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Clements and Albertine Halvorson.
Cheerful Givers, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1917 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Bill Clements: American politician.
- Albertine Halvorson: American astrologer, a member of AFA as of June 1958.
- Elias Lopez Soba: Puerto Rican musician and pianist, considered the second best native pianist of the twentieth century, after Jesus Maria Sanromá, and one of the most outstanding musicians of his country.
- Pierre Monfrais: French Chairman and Managing Director of Heudron Dairy,1960-'77 and President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Eure, 1968-'86 and Deputy of Eure 1978-'81.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag (And Smile, Smile, Smile) - Knickerbocker Quartet
- Pray for Sunshine - Al Jolson
- M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?