Wednesday 11 April 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clement Markert and Raymond Marcillac.
Max Wants a Divorce, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 April 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1917 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Clement Markert: American biologist, credited with the discovery of isozymes.
- Raymond Marcillac: French journalist and television news presenter who died on 13 April 2007.
- Danny Gallivan: Canadian radio and television sportscaster (Born 1917).
- David Westheimer: American soldier journalist and author (d. 2005).
- Babe Ruth beats New York Yankees, pitching 3-hit 10-3 win for Boston Red Sox.
- WWI: Brazil severs diplomatic relations with Germany.
- Vladimir Lenin arrives in Petrograd.
- WWI: The Nivelle Offensive commences.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag (And Smile, Smile, Smile) - Knickerbocker Quartet
- M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I - Ada Jones
- Pray for Sunshine - Al Jolson