Tuesday 10 April 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Morty Corb and Jagjit Lyallpuri.
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 10 April 1917 ?
- Morty Corb: American jazz double-bassist who had a long career as a musician from 1946 until his death in 1996.
- Jagjit Lyallpuri: Indian politician (d. 2013).
- Robert Woodward: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1979).
- Munition factory explosion at Eddystone Pennsylvania, kills 133 workers.
- An ammunition factory explosion in Chester, Pennsylvania kills 133.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 April 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile - Reinald Werrenrath
- Put On Your Slippers & Fill Up Your Pipe (You're Not Going Bye-Bye Tonight - Ada Jones
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?