Wednesday 5 April 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 5, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gregory Peck and Bernard Baily.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 April 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1916 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Gregory Peck: American stage and film actor nominated for four Oscars, the Best Actor award for his role in "To Kill a Mockingbird," 1962.
- Bernard Baily: comic artist.
- Albert Henry Ottenweller: American bishop.
- Baroness Delacourt-Smith: of Alteryn.
- Pierre Cour: French songwriter, who wrote a number of successful songs in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s.
- Albert Ottenweller: American bishop (d. 2012).
- Morley Baer: American photographer and author of photography books.
- French troops occupy Bois de Caillette.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Love a Piano - Billy Murray
- Marimba March - Blue & White Marimba Band
- Are You from Dixie? ('Cause I'm From Dixie Too) - Billy Murray & Irving Kaufman
- Hello, Hawaii, How are You? - Prince's Orchestra