Friday 6 April 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julian Faber and Tonico .
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Wildfire by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1917 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Julian Faber: CEO (Willis Faber).
- Tonico : Brazilian singer, one half of the musica sertaneja duo from the state of São Paulo, known as Tonico & Tinoco.
- Leonora Carrington: English-Mexican painter and author (d. 2011).
- World War I: The United States declares war on Germany (see President Woodrow Wilson's address to Congress).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- American Quartet - How's Every Little Thing in Dixie?
- Poor Butterfly - Grace Kerns
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?