Friday 6 April 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Bloch and Julian Faber.
Max Wants a Divorce, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1917 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Robert Bloch: Writer.
- Julian Faber: CEO (Willis Faber).
- Tonico : Brazilian singer, one half of the musica sertaneja duo from the state of São Paulo, known as Tonico & Tinoco.
- Leonora Carrington: English-Mexican painter and author (d. 2011).
- World War I: The United States declares war on Germany (see President Woodrow Wilson's address to Congress).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile - Reinald Werrenrath
- Put On Your Slippers & Fill Up Your Pipe (You're Not Going Bye-Bye Tonight - Ada Jones