Friday 6 April 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julian Faber and Tonico .
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1917
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1917 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Julian Faber: CEO (Willis Faber).
- Tonico : Brazilian singer, one half of the musica sertaneja duo from the state of São Paulo, known as Tonico & Tinoco.
- Leonora Carrington: English-Mexican painter and author (d. 2011).
- World War I: The United States declares war on Germany (see President Woodrow Wilson's address to Congress).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile - Reinald Werrenrath
- Put On Your Slippers & Fill Up Your Pipe (You're Not Going Bye-Bye Tonight - Ada Jones