Sunday 29 April 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Celeste Holm and Richard Headrick.
Max Wants a Divorce, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1917 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Celeste Holm: American actress, singer, pianist and entertainer born to Norwegian parents.
- Richard Headrick: American preacher called "The Little Minister.
- Maya Deren: American experimental filmmaker and entrepreneurial promoter of the avant-garde in the 1940s and 1950s.
- Marcel Trudel: Canadian historian and author (d. 2011).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Marche Slave, Part 1 - Prince's Orchestra
- In the Sweet Long Ago - James F. Harrison & James Reed