Monday 5 August 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pavel V Vinogradov and Andrei Yevgeniyevich Zaitsev.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Angels, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Too Much, Too Soon by Diana Barrymore and Gerold Frank was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The New Adventures of Charlie Chan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 August 1957 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Andrei Yevgeniyevich Zaitsev: Cosmonaut.
- Pavel V Vinogradov: Russian Cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-26).
- David Gill: English businessman.
- Faith Prince: American actress and singer.
- Clayton Rohner: American actor.
- Heinrich Otto Wieland: German chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (b.
- Comic strip Andy Capp made its debut
- American Bandstand, a show dedicated to the teenage ''baby-boomers'' by playing the songs and showing popular dances of the time, debuts on the ABC television network.
- Brooklyn Sports Authority gets an engineering report on 50,000-seat stadium in downtown area for estimated $207 million
- WJZ-TV in Baltimore Maryland begins radio transmissions
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?