Monday 5 August 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 5, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrei Yevgeniyevich Zaitsev and Tom Rice.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Across the Bridge, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Life At Happy Knoll by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1957 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Tom Rice: Politician.
- Andrei Yevgeniyevich Zaitsev: Cosmonaut.
- Pavel V Vinogradov: Russian Cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-26).
- David Gill: English businessman.
- Faith Prince: American actress and singer.
- Clayton Rohner: American actor.
- Heinrich Otto Wieland: German chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (b.
- Comic strip Andy Capp made its debut
- American Bandstand, a show dedicated to the teenage ''baby-boomers'' by playing the songs and showing popular dances of the time, debuts on the ABC television network.
- Brooklyn Sports Authority gets an engineering report on 50,000-seat stadium in downtown area for estimated $207 million
- WJZ-TV in Baltimore Maryland begins radio transmissions
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?