Tuesday 20 August 1957US date format: 8/20/1957, UK date format: 20/8/1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 20, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Myung-se Lee and Mary Stavin.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Beasts of Marseilles, directed by Hugo Fregonese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Take My Life by Eddie Cantor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Open House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1957 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Myung-se Lee
- Mary Stavin
- Mike Dodd: Manhattan Beach, California -- Beach...
- Scott Ayakatubby: Beach volleyball champ.
- Cindy Nicholas in Canada swimmer: swam English Channel 19 times.
- Jim "Bullseye": Bowen; British TV game show host.
- Mithridade Davarpanah: French oral surgeon.
- Martin Donovan: Actor.
- Jim Calder: Scottish rugby player.
- Simon Donaldson: English mathematician and academic.
- Sorin Antohi: Romanian journalist and historian.
- Paul Johnson: American football coach.
- Finlay Calder: Scottish rugby player.
- Doug Fleger: Rocker.
- Simply Heavenly opens at Playhouse Theater NYC for 62 performances
- White Sox Bob Keegan no-hits Senators 6-0
- Chicago White Sox' Bob Keegan no-hits Washington Senators 6-0.
- US Air Force balloon breaks an altitude record at 102,000 feet (310,896 metres).
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
- Don Rondo - White Silver Sands
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?