Friday 2 August 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 2, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Butch Vig and Annick Cojean.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Man of a Thousand Faces, directed by Joseph Pevney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Blue Camellia by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1957 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Butch Vig: American drummer songwriter and producer (Garbage and Spooner).
- Annick Cojean
- Stephen Kelly Petterson: Auckland, New Zealand -- Smallbore rifle (1996 Olympics).
- Farhat Basir Khan: Indian Photography and Media Activist Academician, a critically acclaimed Media Professional.
- Taylor Negron: Actor.
- Mojo Nixon: American singer, lyricist and actor.
- Farhat Khan: Indian photographer and academic.
- Madison Smartt Bell: Novelist.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?