Thursday 1 August 1957US date format: 8/1/1957, UK date format: 1/8/1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 1, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Tron and Jean-Michel Casa.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Man of a Thousand Faces, directed by Joseph Pevney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1957 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Georges Tron: French politician, who served as...
- Paul Provenza: Actor.
- Jean-Michel Casa: French diplomat, ambassador to Jordan...
- Paolo Coni: Italian baritone.
- C Laing: American porn actress.
- Taylor Negron: American actor and screenwriter (d....
- Gil Hodges hits his NL record 13th career grand slam (Last by Brooklyn)
- First commercial building heated by Sun (Albuquerque, New Mexico).
- The United States and Canada form the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD).
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?