Tuesday 27 August 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Cunningham and Bernard Langer.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
A King in New York, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Durable Fire by Howard Swiggett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Open House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1957 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Johnny Cunningham
- Bernard Langer
- Jean-Yves Berteloot
- Jeff Grubb: American game designer and author.
- Bernhard Langer: German golfer and two-time Masters champion.
- Hickory Smoke wins Hambletonian Stakes
- The Constitution of Malaysia comes into force.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?