Thursday September 05, 1957
US date format: 9/5/1957, UK date format: 5/9/1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 5, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Peter Winnen and Rudi Gores.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
The Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Day Christ Died by Jim Bishop was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching O Corcunda de Notre Dame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 05, 1957?
- Cuban Dictator Batista bombs Cienfuegos uprising
- Cuba: Fulgencio Batista bombs the revolt in Cienfuegos.
- The first edition of Jack Kerouac's ''On the Road'' goes on sale.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 05, 1957?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 05If September 05, 1957 is your birthday you're 62 years, 11 months, 1 day old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 30 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free