Monday 19 August 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Donovan and Cesare Prandelli.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Beasts of Marseilles, directed by Hugo Fregonese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Innocent Ambassadors by Philip Wylie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Open House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1957 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Martin Donovan: American actor and director.
- Cesare Prandelli
- Darby Hinton in Santa Monica: California, USA; actor (Israel - Daniel Boone).
- Paul-Jan Bakker: Netherland cricketer.
- Ian Gould: English cricketer and umpire.
- Denis Leary: Actor.
- Christine Soetewey: Belgian high jumper.
- Gerda Verburg: Dutch union leader and politician Dutch Minister of Agriculture.
- Li-Young Lee: Indonesian-American poet and author.
- Carole Bouquet: Actress.
- US Major David Simons reaches 30,933m in a balloon
- New York Giants vote to move their franchise to San Francisco in 1958.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
- Don Rondo - White Silver Sands
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?