Thursday 5 November 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri J de Koster and Alton Tobey.
L'ultima danza, directed by Umberto Paradisi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Salamander by Owen Johnson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1914!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1914 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Henri J de Koster: Dutch Minister of Defense (1971-73).
- Alton Tobey: American painter and illustrator (d. 2005).
- Great Britain and France and Russia declares war on Turkey
- Britain annexes Cyprus.
- The United Kingdom annexes Cyprus, and together with France declares war on the Ottoman Empire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Dear Love Days - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell & Will Oakland
- You're More Than the World to Me - Manuel Romain
- The Old Homestead - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?