Thursday 5 November 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 5, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri J de Koster and Alton Tobey.
The Noise of Bombs, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1914!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1914 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Henri J de Koster: Dutch Minister of Defense (1971-73).
- Alton Tobey: American painter and illustrator (d. 2005).
- Great Britain and France and Russia declares war on Turkey
- Britain annexes Cyprus.
- The United Kingdom annexes Cyprus, and together with France declares war on the Ottoman Empire.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Want to Go Back to Michigan (Down on the Farm) - Elida Morris
- Memphis Blues - Prince's Orchestra