Thursday 5 January 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Stuychen and Peter Struycken.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Western Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 5 January 1939 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Peter Stuychen: Dutch painter and art theorist, a designer and creator of computer art.
- Peter Struycken: Dutch artist, painter, art theorist and computer art maker.
- Bridget Parker: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian 3 day event (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- M Maharoof: Sri Lankan politician (d. 1997).
- Amelia Earhart: American aviator declared dead after disappearance in 1937 (Born 1897).
- Felix Frankfurter is appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court. Frankfurter had been born in Vienna, Austria and immigrated to the U.S. with his family at age 12.
- Amelia Earhart is officially declared dead after her disappearance.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1939 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You're A Sweet Little Headache - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Thanks for Everything - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- They Say - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?