Thursday 5 January 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 5, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Stuychen and Peter Struycken.
Son of Frankenstein, directed by Rowland V. Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Western Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1939 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Peter Stuychen: Dutch painter and art theorist, a designer and creator of computer art.
- Peter Struycken: Dutch artist, painter, art theorist and computer art maker.
- Bridget Parker: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian 3 day event (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- M Maharoof: Sri Lankan politician (d. 1997).
- Felix Frankfurter is appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court. Frankfurter had been born in Vienna, Austria and immigrated to the U.S. with his family at age 12.
- Amelia Earhart is officially declared dead after her disappearance.