Friday 5 May 1905
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maria Caniglia and Arnold Meijer.
Fireworks, directed by Katie Messer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1905 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Maria Caniglia
- Arnold Meijer: Dutch leader of fascist Dutch National / Black Front.
- Robert Houben: Belgian CVP-minister of Public health (1958).
- Floyd Gottfredson: American author and illustrator (d. 1986).
- Robert S Abbott published first issue of newspaper "Chicago Defender".
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1905 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hearts and Flowers - Arthur Pryor's Band
- In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree - Albert Campbell