Wednesday 24 May 1905US date format: 5/24/1905, UK date format: 24/5/1905
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 24, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mikhail Sholokhov and Michail Aleksandrovich Sholokhov.
Fireworks, directed by Katie Messer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1905!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1905 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Mikhail Sholokhov: Russian author and academic Nobel Prize...
- Michail Aleksandrovich Sholokhov: Russian writer, Nobel Prize laureate (d....
- Mikhail Sholokhov USSR: writer (And Quiet Flows the Don, Nobel...
- Zdenek Blazek: composer.
- 39th Belmont Stakes: Eugene Hildebrand aboard Tanya wins in 2:08.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1905 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Oh! Oh! Sallie - Billy Murray & Bob Roberts
- The Holy City - Haydn Quartet
- Mr. and Mrs. Murphy - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
- George Alexander - America
- Where the Southern Roses Grow - Haydn Quartet