Thursday 11 May 1905
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 11, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marjorie Sykes and Ida Gerhardt.
Fireworks, directed by Katie Messer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1905!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1905 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Marjorie Sykes: peace campaigner.
- Ida Gerhardt: Dutch classicist, poet in the post-symbolist tradition and translator of Latin and Hebrew poetry.
- Mikhail Sholokhov: Russian novelist, winner of the 1965 Nobel Prize for Literature for his novels and stories about the Cossacks of southern Russia.
- Albert Einstein submits his doctoral dissertation ''On the Motion of Small Particles...'', in which he explains Brownian motion. In the course of the year, Einstein publishes four papers, formulates the theory of special relativity and explains the photoelectric effect by quantization. 1905 is regarded as his quotmiracle yearquot.