Friday 5 November 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pablo Gomez and Friedman Paul Erhardt (Chef Tell).
The Falcon and the Co-eds, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1943 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Pablo Gomez: Rocker.
- Friedman Paul Erhardt (Chef Tell): German-born American TV chef (d. 2007).
- John Brandi: American poet and artist.
- Reima Kampman: Finnish psychiatrist, physician and scholar who studied reincarnation.
- Sam Shepard: American writer, a dramatist involved in the off-Broadway revolution who won the Pulitzer Prize in 1979.
- Louis Schelfhout: Dutch Painter / graphic artist, dies at 62.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh, What A Beautiful Morning - Bing Crosby & Trudy Erwin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?