Friday 5 November 1943US date format: 11/5/1943, UK date format: 5/11/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 5, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joël Santoni and Sam Shepard (playwright).
Day of Wrath, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1943 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Joël Santoni
- Sam Shepard (playwright)
- Charles Biétry
- Reima Kampman: Finnish psychiatrist, physician and scholar who studied reincarnation.
- Marc Devade
- John Brandi: American poet and artist.
- Percy Hobson: Australian high jumper.
- Friedman Erhardt: German-American chef and author (d. 2007).
- Sam Shepard: American writer, a dramatist involved in the off-Broadway revolution who won the Pulitzer Prize in 1979.
- Friedman Paul Erhardt (Chef Tell): German-born American TV chef (d. 2007).
- Pablo Gomez: Rocker.
- Louis Schelfhout: Dutch Painter / graphic artist, dies at 62.