Tuesday 23 November 1943US date format: 11/23/1943, UK date format: 23/11/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 23, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Günther Beckstein and Billie Jean King.
Riders of the Deadline, directed by Lesley Selander, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 November 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1943 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Billie Jean King: Athlete.
- Günther Beckstein: German politician, Minister-President of Bavaria.
- Andrew Goodman: American civil rights activist (Born 1943).
- Sue Nicholls: English actress.
- David Nolan: American activist and politician (d. 2010).
- Petar Skansi: Croatian basketball player and coach.
- 1st printing of illegal Warheid
- British Forces Broadcasting Service begins operation
- Phils owner William D Cox is permanently banned from baseball for having bet on his own team
- US forces take control of Tarawa, Gilbert Island and Makin from Japanese
- World War II: The Deutsche Opernhaus on Bismarckstrasse in the Berlin neighborhood of Charlottenburg is destroyed. It will eventually be rebuilt in 1961 and be called the Deutsche Oper Berlin.