Tuesday 23 November 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Günther Beckstein and Andrew Goodman.
The Falcon and the Co-eds, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while So Little Time by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1943 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Günther Beckstein: German politician, Minister-President of Bavaria.
- Andrew Goodman: American civil rights activist (Born 1943).
- Sue Nicholls: English actress.
- David Nolan: American activist and politician (d. 2010).
- Petar Skansi: Croatian basketball player and coach.
- 1st printing of illegal Warheid
- British Forces Broadcasting Service begins operation
- Phils owner William D Cox is permanently banned from baseball for having bet on his own team
- US forces take control of Tarawa, Gilbert Island and Makin from Japanese
- World War II: The Deutsche Opernhaus on Bismarckstrasse in the Berlin neighborhood of Charlottenburg is destroyed. It will eventually be rebuilt in 1961 and be called the Deutsche Oper Berlin.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?