Sunday 7 November 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judith Frost and Wensley Haydon-Baillie.
The Falcon and the Co-eds, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while Mrs. Parkington by Louis Bromfield was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1943 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Judith Frost: British Columbia, artist (To Red, Dust Drawings).
- Wensley Haydon-Baillie: English pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Joni Mitchell: Canadian-American folk singer who was inducted into Canada's Juno Hall of Fame on 2/05/1981.
- Michael Byrne: English actor.
- Silvia Cartwright: New Zealand lawyer judge and politician 18th Governor-General of New Zealand.
- Stephen Greenblatt: American theorist scholar and critic
- Boris Gromov: Russian general and politician Governor of Moscow Oblast
- Michael Spence: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Dwight Frye: Actor (Vampire Bat, Dracula), dies at 44.
- Detroit Lions 0, New York Giants 0; last scoreless tie in NFL.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?