Sunday 7 November 1943US date format: 11/7/1943, UK date format: 7/11/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 7, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joni Mitchell and Stephen Greenblatt.
Day of Wrath, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 November 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1943 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Joni Mitchell: Canadian-American folk singer who was inducted into Canada's Juno Hall of Fame on 2/05/1981.
- Stephen Greenblatt: American theorist scholar and critic.
- Michael Byrne (actor)
- Michael Byrne: English actor.
- Silvia Cartwright: New Zealand lawyer judge and politician 18th Governor-General of New Zealand.
- Berlie Doherty: Novelist.
- Michael Spence: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Boris Gromov: Russian general and politician Governor of Moscow Oblast.
- Judith Frost: British Columbia, artist (To Red, Dust Drawings).
- Wensley Haydon-Baillie: English pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Dwight Frye: Actor (Vampire Bat, Dracula), dies at 44.
- Detroit Lions 0, New York Giants 0; last scoreless tie in NFL.