Friday 12 November 1943US date format: 11/12/1943, UK date format: 12/11/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 12, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wallace Shawn and Brian Hyland.
Day of Wrath, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 November 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1943 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Wallace Shawn: NYC, New York -- Actor (My Dinner with Andre, Princess Bride).
- Brian Hyland: American singer and guitarist.
- Brian Hyland in Queens: New York, USA; rocker ("Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini").
- Bjorn Waldegard: Swedish rally driver.
- Errol Brown: Jamaican-English singer-songwriter (Hot Chocolate) (d. 2015).
- Jimmy "Bro" Hayes: US singer (Persuasions-Under the Boardwalk).
- Björn Waldegård: Swedish race car driver (d. 2014).
- John Walker: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Walker Brothers) (d. 2011).
- Julie Ege: Norwegian model and actress (d. 2008).
- John Maus: NYC, New York -- Rock vocalist (Walker Brothers).
- Landwacht (NSB-political party) forms in the Netherlands