Sunday 14 November 1943US date format: 11/14/1943, UK date format: 14/11/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 14, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Petit and Howard Wilkinson.
Day of Wrath, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 November 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1943 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
Famous Birthdays:14 November
- J Postma, C Schalker, D Goulooze arrested for leading illegal CPN
- Chicago Bears' Sid Luckman passes for 7 touchdowns versus New York Giants (56-7).
- Leonard Bernstein, substituting at the last minute for ailing principal conductor Bruno Walter, directs the New York Philharmonic in its regular Sunday afternoon broadcast concert over CBS Radio. The event receives front page coverage in the ''New York Times'' the following day.