Saturday 20 November 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lindsay Thomas and Veronica Hamel in Philadelphia.
The Falcon and the Co-eds, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Human Comedy by William Saroyan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1943 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Lindsay Thomas: (Rep-D-Georgia, 1983- ).
- Veronica Hamel in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Joyce - Hill Street Blues, 79 Park Ave).
- Veronica Hamel: American actress and producer.
- U-538 sinks in Atlantic Ocean
- US forces land on Tarawa and Makin Atoll in the Gilbert Islanda.
- World War II: Battle of Tarawa (Operation Galvanic) begins : United States Marines land on Tarawa Atoll in the Gilbert Islands and suffer heavy fire from Japanese shore guns and machine guns.
- WWII: War in the Pacific: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, and ROC leader Chiang Kai-Shek meet at the Cairo Conference to discuss ways to defeat Japan.
- Lebanon gains independence from France.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?