Tuesday 9 November 1943US date format: 11/9/1943, UK date format: 9/11/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 9, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Graziano and Michael Kunze.
Day of Wrath, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1943 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Lee Graziano: Chicago, Illinois -- Rock drummer...
- Michael Kunze: German musical lyricist and librettist.
- Bernhard Lichtenberg: German clergyman / antifascist, dies at...
- Agreement for foundation of the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration signed by 44 countries in the White House, Washington, D.C.