Wednesday 3 November 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Holtzman and Tee Corinne.
The Falcon and the Co-eds, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1943 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Ken Holtzman: Chicago Cubs/Baltimore Orioles/New York Yankees pitcher (two no-hitters).
- Tee Corinne: American lesbian visual artist notable for the portrayal of sexuality in her artwork.
- René Frydman: French obstetrician, gynecologist at Parisian hospitals and university professor since 1979.
- Bert Jansch: Scottish musician, singer, songwriter and acoustic guitarist for the folk rock group "Pentangle.
- Bernard Valette: French journalist, a former reporter and editor at Radio-France International.
- P-47D Thunderbolt shot down above North-Holland
- World War II: 500 aircraft of the U.S. 8th Air Force devastate Wilhelmshafen harbor in Germany.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 November 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh, What A Beautiful Morning - Bing Crosby & Trudy Erwin
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?