Wednesday 3 November 1943US date format: 11/3/1943, UK date format: 3/11/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 3, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include René Frydman and Bert Jansch.
Day of Wrath, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 November 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1943 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- René Frydman: French obstetrician, gynecologist at Parisian hospitals and university professor since 1979.
- Bert Jansch: Scottish musician, singer, songwriter and acoustic guitarist for the folk rock group "Pentangle.
- Patty Judge: Politician.
- Ken Holtzman: Chicago Cubs/Baltimore Orioles/New York Yankees pitcher (two no-hitters).
- Tee Corinne: American lesbian visual artist notable for the portrayal of sexuality in her artwork.
- Bernard Valette: French journalist, a former reporter and editor at Radio-France International.
- P-47D Thunderbolt shot down above North-Holland
- World War II: 500 aircraft of the U.S. 8th Air Force devastate Wilhelmshafen harbor in Germany.