Tuesday 30 November 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terrence Malick and Annette Messager.
The Spider Woman, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1943!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 30 November 1943 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Terrence Malick: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Annette Messager: French visual artist who won the prestigious Golden Lion Award at the Venice Biennale in 2005 for her artwork at the French Pavilion.
- Leo Lyons: Rock bassist (Ten Years After).
- Oscar Harris: Surinames / Dutch singer (Try a Little Love).
- Luciana Savignano: Italian ballet dancer who trained at the Ballet School of La Scala and at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?