Thursday 5 November 1942US date format: 11/5/1942, UK date format: 5/11/1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 5, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Rognet and Art Garfunkel in New York City.
You Were Never Lovelier, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1942 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Richard Rognet
- Art Garfunkel in New York City: USA; singer/actor ("Sounds of Silence",...
- Richie Scheinblum in Bronx: New York, USA; outfielder for the Kansas...
- Pierangelo Bertoli: Italian singer-songwriter (Born 1942).
- George M Cohan: Composer, dies at 64.
- Nazi raid on Greek Jews in Paris
- The Second Battle of El Alamein is won by the British in El Alamein, Egypt.