Wednesday January 06, 1926, Epiphany
US date format: 1/6/1926, UK date format: 6/1/1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 6, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Stanley Baldwin (Conservative), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Mickey Hargitay and Enzo Sacchi.
Alice's Balloon Race, directed by Walt Disney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 06, 1926?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- See more
- Kees Boeke opens first comprehensive school in Holland.