Wednesday 6 January 1926, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mickey Hargitay and Enzo Sacchi.
A Woman of the Sea, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1926 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Mickey Hargitay: American physical culturist, Mr.
- Enzo Sacchi: Italian cyclist, Gold Medal winner at the Helsinki Olympics in July 1952.
- Kid Gavilan: Cuban boxer (Born 1926).
- Ralph Branca: American baseball player.
- Pat Flaherty: American racecar driver (Born 1926).
- Kid Gavilán: Cuban-American boxer (d. 2003).
- Günter Rössler: German photographer and journalist (d. 2012).
- Michel Prik: French skydiver and photographer, a veteran parachutist.
- Fernand Guillou: France sport Champion.
- Kees Boeke opens first comprehensive school in Holland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Convict and the Rose - Vernon Dalhart
- Vernon Dalhart - The Wreck of the Shenandoah
- Freshie - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?