Wednesday 6 January 1926, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mickey Hargitay and Enzo Sacchi.
Alice's Balloon Race, directed by Walt Disney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1926 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Mickey Hargitay: American physical culturist, Mr.
- Enzo Sacchi: Italian cyclist, Gold Medal winner at the Helsinki Olympics in July 1952.
- Kid Gavilan: Cuban boxer (Born 1926).
- Pat Flaherty: American racecar driver (Born 1926).
- Michel Prik: French skydiver and photographer, a veteran parachutist.
- Günter Rössler: German photographer and journalist (d. 2012).
- Kid Gavilán: Cuban-American boxer (d. 2003).
- Fernand Guillou: France sport Champion.
- Ralph Branca: American baseball player.
- Kees Boeke opens first comprehensive school in Holland.