Thursday 21 January 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Reeves and Franco Evangelisti.
The Sea Beast, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 January 1926 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Steve Reeves: American physical culturist, a 6' 1", 215-lb winner of the contests for Mr.
- Franco Evangelisti: Italian composer.
- Raf Reymen: Flemish actor.
- Paul Burke in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Neal - Dynasty).
- Laxman Pai: Indian artist who has more than one hundred solo exhibitions to his credit including nine in Paris, where he worked for ten years (1951-1961).
- Lyn Osborn: American actor, best remembered as 'Cadet Happy' on "Space Patrol" (1950-1955) and from his role in "Invasion of the Saucer Men" (1957).
- Roger Taillibert: French architect, notable for designing the Parc des Princes in Paris and the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Canada.
- André Wormser: French banker, who died in Paris on 3 April 2008.
- Brian Brockless: English organist composer and conductor (d. 1995).
- Camillo Golgi: Italian physician, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1843).
- Belgian parliament accepts Locarno treaties.
- The Belgian Parliament accepts the Locarno treaties.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Revelers - Dinah
- My Yiddishe Momme - Willie Howard
- Lullaby Lane - Frank Munn
- Oh Boy! What A Girl - Eddie Cantor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?