Monday 4 January 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Merle Borchelt and Eddie Cusic.
A Woman of the Sea, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1926 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Merle Borchelt: American electrical engineer and CEO of utility nuclear power plants, Central and South West.
- Eddie Cusic: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2015).
- Theodorus Pangalos resigns as Greek dictator.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Convict and the Rose - Vernon Dalhart
- Vernon Dalhart - The Wreck of the Shenandoah
- Freshie - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?