Tuesday 6 January 1925, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Delorean and Maurice Ulrich.
As Man Desires, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Green Hat by Michael Arlen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1925 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- John Delorean
- Maurice Ulrich: French politician.
- John DeLorean: American engineer, auto manufacturer and General Motors executive.
- Alfredo Pasotti: Italy sport Champion.
- Paavo Nurmi sets indoor record, 4:13.6 mile and 14:44.6 5,000m.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tea for Two - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- All Alone - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?