Friday 8 January 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evelyn Lear [Shulman] and Jani Christou.
The Sea Beast, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1926 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Evelyn Lear [Shulman]: Brooklyn, New York -- Soprano.
- Jani Christou: Greek composer.
- Milton "Soupy Sales" Hines in North Carolina: USA; comedian (Soupy Sales Show).
- Kerwin Matthews: American actor, the dashing hero of adventure pictures in the late '50s and early '60s, leaving his early career as a school teacher.
- Soupy Sales: American comedian, clever and imaginative, a popular figure on early TV, raised pie-throwing to an art form, having supposedly tossed 19,000 of them during his show business career.
- Evelyn Lear: American operatic soprano (d. 2012)
- Kelucharan Mohapatra: Indian dancer and choreographer (d. 2004)
- Hanae Mori: Japanese fashion designer
- Emile Paladilhe: Composer, dies at 81.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vernon Dalhart - The Wreck of the Shenandoah
- Freshie - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- The Convict and the Rose - Vernon Dalhart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?