Tuesday 5 January 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude [Buddy] Young and Robert Earle in Baldwin.
A Woman of the Sea, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1926 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Claude [Buddy] Young: NFL running back (Yankees, Texans, Colts).
- Robert Earle in Baldwin: New York, USA; TV host (GE College Bowl).
- William De Witt Snodgrass: American poet.
- Maria Schell: Austrian actress and noted theatrical family; an intense, soulful leading lady of international films.
- Veikko Karvonen: Finnish runner (d. 2007).
- W Snodgrass: American poet and academic (d. 2009)
- Hosea Williams: American businessman and activist (d. 2000)
- James Cox of Ford Motors announces 8 hour day and $5 daily minimum wage
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vernon Dalhart - The Wreck of the Shenandoah
- Freshie - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- The Convict and the Rose - Vernon Dalhart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?