Wednesday July 6, 1988US date format: 7/6/1988, UK date format: 6/7/1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 6, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katja Decker-Sadowski and Oaxaca (Mexico).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Flame by Cheap Trick.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
Die Hard, directed by John McTiernan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Freaky Deaky by Elmore Leonard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Brainstorm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ataxx or Kuri Kinton.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1988 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Katja Decker-Sadowski
- Oaxaca (Mexico)
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer
- Brittany Underwood: Soap Opera Actress.
- Katy Tiz: Pop Singer.
- Kevin Fickentscher: Swiss footballer.
- North Sea oil platform Piper Alpha explodes, 166 die
- Wrestler Jake Roberts convicted of battery
- Carlos Salinas de Gortari elected president of Mexico.
- The Piper Alpha drilling platform in the North Sea is destroyed by explosions and fires. 167 oil workers are killed, making it the world's worst offshore oil disaster.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Sade - Paradise
- James Brown - I'm Real
- Roses Are Red - The Mac Band Featuring The McCampbell Brothers
- Vanessa Williams - The Right Stuff
- Gregory Abbott - I'll Prove It To You
- Teddy Pendergrass - Joy
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- Doug E. Fresh & The Get Fresh Crew - Keep Risin' To The Top
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
Top #10 Latin songs
- QUE TE PASA - Yuri
- TOCO MADERA - Raphael
- LA ULTIMA LUNA - Emmanuel
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
- Todo Por Ti - Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine
- Braulio - EL VICIO DE TU BOCA
- Dyango - AHORA
- QUERIENDO Y NO - Isabel Pantoja
- SUENO CONTIGO - Jose Luis Rodriguez
- CUANDO EL AMOR SE ACABA - Jose Feliciano
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Glenn Medeiros - Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You
- The Twist (Yo, Twist) - The Fat Boys With Chubby Checker
- Push It / Tramp - Salt-N-Pepa
- Bros - I Owe You Nothing
- Sabrina - Boys (Summertime Love)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?