Wednesday 26 July 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
John Tucker Must Die, directed by Betty Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Long Tail by Chris Anderson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reader, I Married Him.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos or Deal or No Deal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 2006!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 July 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 July
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict (Operation Summer Rains):
- At least nine people are killed in Israeli air raids in the east of Gaza City, including a three-year-old girl, according to medical sources. (BBC NEWS)
- Andrea Yates, a U.S. woman who killed her five children in 2001, is found not guilty of murder by reason of insanity. (CBS News)
- The governments of Chad and Sudan sign an accord officially ending the Chadian-Sudanese conflict. The deal has many provisions similar to that of the Tripoli Accord, which Sudan has violated four times by aiding Janjaweed, UFDC, and anti-Bozizé rebels and genocidaires. (Syracuse.com)
- Germany and 11 other nations, including Israel, sign a protocol to open the International Tracing Service in Bad Arolsen in the state of Hesse up to international researchers. It contains up to 50 million documents relating to 17.5 million individuals. (Bloomberg)
- Fragments of a Psalter, a prayer book, are found in a bog in Ireland, where it has been for an estimated 1200 years. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- United States National Park Service director Fran P. Mainella announces her resignation. (NPS.gov)
- 2006 Kodori Gorge clashes: Georgian forces attack surrounded rebels after an ultimatum expires. (civil.ge)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- The Battle of Bint Jbail intensifies. (Ynetnews)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?