Tuesday July 11, 2006
US date format: 7/11/2006, UK date format: 11/7/2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Heavens Fall, directed by Terry Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Black Order by James Rollins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Eureka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Birth of America or Quickspot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 2006?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- 209 people are killed in a series of bomb attacks in Mumbai, India.
- Tajikistan begins reconstructing the Dushanbe-Chanak highway after the Government of China agrees to loan the Tajik Government $281.2 million of the $296 million reconstruction costs. Tajik President Emomali Rahmonov said, ampquotthe Great Silk Route will return to live.ampquot (Interfax)
- Liu Xiang of China sets a new World Record for the 110 metres hurdles at the Super Grand Prix in Lausanne with a time of 12.88 seconds. (IAAF)
- On the 17th day to the abduction of Cpl. Gilad Shalit, his father asks why Red Cross representatives were not allowed to visit the hostage, as established in the Geneva Conventions. (Ynet)
- See more
- Barnard Hughes: American actor (Born 1915).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 11, 2006?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean - Hips Don't Lie
- Nelly Furtado - Maneater
- Lily Allen - Smile
- Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)
- The Pussycat Dolls featuring Snoop Dogg - Buttons
Top #10 R&B songs
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
- Lil Jon Featuring E-40 & Sean Paul Of The YoungBloodZ - Snap Yo Fingers
- LeToya - Torn
- Field Mob Featuring Ciara - So What
- Cassie - Me & U
- T.I. - Why You Wanna
- Young Dro Featuring T.I. - Shoulder Lean
- Mary J. Blige Featuring Brook-Lyn - Enough Cryin
- Beyonce Featuring Jay Z - Deja Vu
- Cherish Featuring Sean Paul Of The YoungBloodZ - Do It To It
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 11If July 11, 2006 is your birthday you're 14 years, 24 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 7 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Airlines Give Some Thought to Food for the Health-Conscious Several international carriers recently began sharing nutritional information for their menu items and offering lighter alternatives. [..]
- Borrowing Rises as Credit Card Use Jumps Credit card and other types of revolving debt jumped in May by the most since October 2004. [..]
- See all financial news of July 11, 2006
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $63.20
- Apple AAPL: opens at $55.11
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $23.37
- General Electric GE: opens at $33.37
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $76.40
- 1 USD = 114.26 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.1316 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2267 CHF
- 1 USD = 7.9915 CNY
- 1 EUR = 145.82 JPY