Tuesday 11 July 2006US date format: 7/11/2006, UK date format: 11/7/2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Heavens Fall, directed by Terry Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Dispatches From The Edge by Anderson Cooper was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Eureka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood+ or CivCity: Rome.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 2006
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 11 July 2006 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 July
- Barnard Hughes: American actor (Born 1915).
- 209 people are killed in a series of bomb attacks in Mumbai, India.
- Tajikistan begins reconstructing the Dushanbe-Chanak highway after the Government of China agrees to loan the Tajik Government $281.2 million of the $296 million reconstruction costs. Tajik President Emomali Rahmonov said, ampquotthe Great Silk Route will return to live.ampquot (Interfax)
- Liu Xiang of China sets a new World Record for the 110 metres hurdles at the Super Grand Prix in Lausanne with a time of 12.88 seconds. (IAAF)
- On the 17th day to the abduction of Cpl. Gilad Shalit, his father asks why Red Cross representatives were not allowed to visit the hostage, as established in the Geneva Conventions. (Ynet)
- An Israeli official states there is neither hunger nor a humanitarian crisis in the Gaza strip. He explains that the cargo terminals to the Gaza Strip are under constant threats, challenging the ordinary transportation of goods, citing numerous terrorist attacks carried out against the crossings. (Ynet)
- A fire and smoke buildup occurres on the CTA Blue Line train in the U.S. city of Chicago. Most injuries are from smoke inhalation. No fatalities have been stated at this time. Emergency personnel are on scene. The cause is from a rear derailment. (Associated Press)
- U.S. broadcaster Bob Novak reveals his involvement in the Plame leak, stating ampquotI learned Valerie Plame's name from Joe Wilson's entry in ''Who's Who in America.ampquot (Bob Novak/Human Events Online)
- News Corp's MySpace.com surpasses Yahoo! Mail for the first time, and has become the number-one most visited website in the United States. (Reuters)
- The United States government agrees to apply parts of the Geneva Convention to detainees held at the Guantanamo Bay detainment camp, but does not change their status from enemy combatants to POWs. (Washington Times)
- A three ton concrete ceiling tile falls on a car in a tunnel in Boston, United States, killing one female passenger and closing the tunnel. The Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney, announces that the Massachusetts Government will be taking legal action to remove the Chairman of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority, Matt Amorello. (Daily Comet)
- The Mujahideen Shura Council, a group linked to Al-Qaeda, posts a tape claiming responsibility for killing three US soldiers in retaliation for the killing of an Iraqi girl Abeer Qassim Hamza, allegedly by members of the same unit that the soldiers belonged to. (''Dallas Morning News'')
- Hurricane Bud forms in the Eastern Pacific Ocean, south of the tip of the Baja California Peninsula. (''National Hurricane Center'')
- In the 2006 Major League Baseball All-Star Game, the American League defeats the National League 3 to 2. Michael Young of the Texas Rangers is named Most Valuable Player. (Major League Baseball)
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
- Snap Yo Fingers - Lil Jon Featuring E-40 & Sean Paul Of The YoungBloodZ
- LeToya - Torn
- So What - Field Mob Featuring Ciara
- Cassie - Me & U
- T.I. - Why You Wanna
- Shoulder Lean - Young Dro Featuring T.I.
- Enough Cryin - Mary J. Blige Featuring Brook-Lyn
- Deja Vu - Beyonce Featuring Jay Z
- Do It To It - Cherish Featuring Sean Paul Of The YoungBloodZ
Top #10 Latin songs
- Hips Don't Lie - Shakira Featuring Wyclef Jean
- Down - RKM & Ken-Y
- Angelito - Don Omar
- Caile - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Machucando - Daddy Yankee
- Mariano Barba - Aliado Del Tiempo
- Joan Sebastian - Mas Alla Del Sol
- Como Duele (Barrera de Amor) - Noelia
- Me Voy - Julieta Venegas
- Nuestro Amor Se Ha Vuelto Ayer - Victor Manuelle Featuring Yuridia
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean - Hips Don't Lie
- Nelly Furtado - Maneater
- Lily Allen - Smile
- Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)
- Buttons - The Pussycat Dolls featuring Snoop Dogg
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Several international carriers recently began sharing nutritional information for their menu items and offering lighter alternatives. [..]
Credit card and other types of revolving debt jumped in May by the most since October 2004. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $61.82
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $90.16
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $62.87
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $31.80
- 1 AUD = 0.9226 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8511 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.2623 CHF
- 1 GBP = 2.0869 CAD
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?