Saturday 6 April 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 6, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Bernard (conductor) and Jane Asher.
The Virginian, directed by Stuart Gilmore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Der Augenzeuge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1946 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- The Mad Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Teddy Walters
- Billy Eckstine - Prisoner of Love
- You Won't be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- Sioux City Sue - Bing Crosby & Jesters
- Personality - Bing Crosby (Eddie Condon Orchestra)
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians