Saturday 6 April 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Bernard and Paul Beresford.
Dragonwyck, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1946 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Sioux City Sue - Bing Crosby & Jesters
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Teddy Walters
- Personality - Bing Crosby (Eddie Condon Orchestra)
- Billy Eckstine - Prisoner of Love
- The Mad Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- You Won't be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?